Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall has come to our house!

The weather is finally cooling off and really enjoyable. With the summer being so hot in Redding it feels like Fall is just now beginning. I was really missing the Colorado weather in September and knew the Aspens were just gorgeous then. The trees here are just beginning to turn and it looks like we will see some pretty reds, that will be a change from the golden array of colors I was so used to. Being at home with the kids is great, but I have realized that it is good if I have a creative outlet. So, I decided to make a fall wreath for the front door. I got some ideas from Pinterest but ended up putting this wreath together with what I found at the Goodwill and on clearance at Michael's. I clipped the flowers on so that I can easily take them off to use this wreath again for a new season. I like how it turned out and appreciate how the simple things can bring a smile to my face. I am in a season of simplicity and realize that when I embrace the simple- I smile more often! And I think my kids to do :-)

1 comment:

lil said...

It's beautiful. Simple is just fine!!