Monday, June 18, 2012
Holy Spirit GPS
After my last post on "Throwing Away the Map" I continued to process with God what I felt he was asking me to do and another word picture hit me. I was not just throwing away the map but exchanging it for a GPS device. It's the Holy Spirit version of a GPS. Now, I have only used a GPS while driving a couple of times and I did not like it. I hated being in unfamiliar territory, not really knowing where I was at, but knew where I wanted to be and just waiting for the voice to tell me my turn was approaching and then that it was time to turn left or right. As I began to ponder this over I realized that it directly applied to my new situation in life. I am in unfamiliar territory, I don't really have life figured out here, but I know what I want out of this adventure- a deeper level of relationship with God, new love for Him and greater trust. So it then seems completely appropriate that He has led me into a season on relying on hearing His voice in my day to days of life. Not just hearing for the big things, but in all things. He is proving himself faithful as I am leaning into this process.
One morning I woke up feeling like taking the kids to a story time. It was either going to be Barnes & Noble or the Library. After considering the options and simply asking God which would be better, I felt like I should go the Library. Because of Isaac's morning nap we actually missed the story time, but as we were picking out books Everett said "Mom, that boy over there is from my class, his name's Jeremiah." This was the 2nd time I heard Everett say this because he also said it when we were at church on Sunday. Since we were at the Library it really perked my interest and I decided to introduce myself to Jeremiah's mom and confirm that they went to Bethel too. Turns out they do and have only been living in Redding for a short time as well. We exchanged contact info and arranged for a play date for the kids. I left the Library full of joy and so grateful that God gave me that encounter. We now have new found friends. Yeah!
Things like that keep happening to me and God is really growing me in taking the initiative. So far, the friends that we have made here have been because I have gone up to them and introduced myself. And that is something that I have NEVER wanted to do, but somehow God is empowering me to do it. He is building my faith and trust and hopefully, you will be encouraged by this too. He is trustworthy and always good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE this thank you for taking the time to write! It has totally encouraged my heart today :) LOVE YOU
Post a Comment