Monday, December 15, 2008

Let it Snow...




...let it snow, let it snow! It's snowing and supposedly we are going to get a lot of it. We didn't get to go to church yesterday because we were snowed in. Although once the plow came through we could have gone into town had we needed to. But since we didn't, we played outside and hung out with our friends/neighbors. It was a fun day. Everett got to bundle up in his snow suit and his sunglasses worked great as "goggles". The eyes need to be protected, you know? :-)

Our shopping day in Grand Junction last week wasn't long enough. Depending on which one of us you ask. Todd would say it was way too long! I, on the other hand could have used another half day. The eggnog latte tasted oh so good! The only bummer was that I had a delayed reaction to the antibiotic I was taking the week before and had a rash over most of my body, including my face. So, I felt a bit self conscious, but so needed my shopping day that I didn't let it stop me from having my day in city (Grand Junction doesn't really classify as the city, but to us that's what it is).

This is our last week of work before our Holiday break and it is so crazy because I vividly remember this time last year. I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Everett. I was working hard to get all the loose ends tied up at work, to prepare for my maternity leave, not expecting to return to work after Christmas. But Everett was late, so I did work a couple days in January. I also remember having cabin fever. We couldn't travel for the holidays last year, so I was lonely as Todd was playing outside....snowboarding and snowmobiling. I am grateful that we get to spend the Holidays this year with family and friends. And I still can't believe that Everett is almost one (and still not a single tooth!).

1 comment:

Jenna said...

isn't it amazing how fast a year flies by? you look great nicolette! and everett is adorable all bundled up in his snow suit! i wish we had snow in chico! actually it snowed enough in penn valley yesterday that justin took a snow day and couldn't drive to work! most of his jobs are in gv or nevada city. with both of my kids, turning one brought on so many emotions and memories. its such a milestone. you all made it through the first year! now its time for more! right?