We were on a hike in East Fork and ran into a herd of sheep. Remember the sheep (from earlier blog) that were being herded past our house earlier this summer? Well, we ran into those same sheep and their shepherd while on our hike. So we had to turn around and eat our packed lunches in the car because we didn't want to end up behind the sheep. Anyway- a couple days later they were in front our house again. I took Everett out on the front porch to watch them go by and something new about them struck me. They all sound different. While they all make the same "baa" sound, they have their own voice. Perhaps this is one way their shepherd can tell them apart. I had never been that close to sheep before and I found it interesting to listen to their different voices. At the same time I was able to see how they respond to the voice of the shepherd. I think Jesus referred to us as sheep for more reasons than one.
Friday, September 26, 2008
The Sheep
We were on a hike in East Fork and ran into a herd of sheep. Remember the sheep (from earlier blog) that were being herded past our house earlier this summer? Well, we ran into those same sheep and their shepherd while on our hike. So we had to turn around and eat our packed lunches in the car because we didn't want to end up behind the sheep. Anyway- a couple days later they were in front our house again. I took Everett out on the front porch to watch them go by and something new about them struck me. They all sound different. While they all make the same "baa" sound, they have their own voice. Perhaps this is one way their shepherd can tell them apart. I had never been that close to sheep before and I found it interesting to listen to their different voices. At the same time I was able to see how they respond to the voice of the shepherd. I think Jesus referred to us as sheep for more reasons than one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
is that bottom picture from your front porch? lucky! you guys go on the most amazing hikes! colorado is just beautiful! and i love how he uses those parallels, a tangible way for understand and see his love for us.
Post a Comment