Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Changes for the Johnsons

A lot has been going on for us. I have considered giving up on blogging because I just can't seem to keep up with how quickly life moves and make the time for the blog. So this will be a lengthy post- to get everyone updated until I post again.

First, we are expecting baby #2 October 28th. So far the pregnancy has been great. Only complaint- feeling tired and needing to nap when Everett naps. Not such a bad thing except for then I don't get things done while he is napping. Our ultrasound is scheduled for June 3rd. We plan to find out what we are having and yes, we will share :-)

Everett just started walking yesterday- he has taken steps before now, but seems to finally have the desire to walk. It is very fun, at least at this point. He is not fast at it yet, so isn't getting into trouble.

God has been gracious to us and provided a new house for us to move into. It is much bigger than where we were living and we are so grateful for the extra space (especially for another baby). We found out about this move a few days before we found out I was pregnant. Definately, God's gracious. Had it been the other way around we probably would have had some anxiety about our too small of a house with another baby.

So we moved the first weekend in May and are still settling in. It always seems to take longer than it should to unpack those boxes. Especially since I feel the need for a nap more strongly than to unpack a box or do another chore.

Mother's Day was good. Todd took me to pick out flowers & planters for my for my deck. I had been wanting some flowers to make for a more welcoming entry way. It was fun to plant them too- of course, even Everett had fun playing in the dirt. I think this may become a tradition- planting flowers on Mother's Day.

We are getting ready to launch into our busy season. Family retreats begin the end of this month. Our summer staff starts to arrive next week. So crazy that summer is already here. Although don't get me wrong- we are thrilled for the warmer weather and the leaves budding on the trees. Summer is very welcome here and doesn't last long enough.

I guess that's it for now. I'll try to post some pictures of Everett walking soon.

3 comments:

Chad Wible said...

Yeah, Todd & Nicolette! Congrats on the pregnancy. Have a good retreat season. We will miss you guys this summer.

Taryn said...

Hey Nicolette! Congrats on baby #2! I love that we seem to do these things so close together! I'm excited for you guys!! Everett is SO unbelievably cute! Hope I'll get to meet him sometime! Love to you!

Chad Wible said...

So what is it? What are you having? Boy or girl?