Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Durango, Colorado

We are in Durango, CO for a couple days. Our friends have a vacation house here that is right across from the ski resort, they rent it out but since October is considered "off season" and the house isn't being rented they allowed us to come and stay for a couple days. The best part is that it is a free getaway for us. The drive over was so beautiful with all the Fall colors. The colors seems to be lasting longer this year- I don't remember the leaves staying on the trees this long last year. But I'll take it, I'm in no hurry for the leaves to fall.

Anyway- so here we are in Durango. We arrived yesterday and took Everett to the pool. We came home for nap time and then went on a short afternoon hike. Here are some pictures of the hike. The trail is close to the house so we didn't have to drive to get to the trailhead. At the trailhead there was a warning sign that said there was aggressive bears, so no camping or picnicing allowed. After about 20 minutes into the hike we spotted some bear droppings and they looked somewhat fresh. So we decided to turn around and head back. That was actually more my call- Todd would have kept going. But you know, I have no desire to have an encounter with a so called aggressive bear!!

Today we will head into the downtown historic district of Durango. Should be fun, I always enjoy looking in shops and going out to eat. My boys are ready to go so I better sign off for now!



1 comment:

Sheila said...

It is such beautiful country!! I do admit that I do miss the place at times. Especially when I see pictures. The leaves are just starting to turn here in PA and becoming quite chilly!

Did you hear that we trying to come in for Mark Horn's wedding in November? Maybe we will get to see you.