This is what we woke up to on Monday morning.....sheep being herded on our road. My immediate thought was "now, this is something I would never see in Denver" and truth be told I didn't expect to see it here either. It is normal to see cows herded on our road, but sheep!!! As I sat on the porch and watched for a few minutes I began to think about how Jesus referred to us as sheep, specifically in Matthew 9 as sheep without a shepherd. So I began to watch the sheep in such a way to figure out the spiritual parallel that Jesus was referring too. It didn't take long to see that some of the sheep wanted to go their own way, or they wanted to stop and drink from the pond. The guys herding the sheep would come up behind them and nudge them from behind and get them back on course with the other sheep. Thus the spiritual parallel became real to me. When sheep are without their shepherd they lose their sense of direction, they wander off course and most likely wouldn't reach their intended destination. Now I see more clearly why Christ referred to us as sheep without a shepherd. May I always remember that I am in need of my shepherd.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Holy Sheep!!
This is what we woke up to on Monday morning.....sheep being herded on our road. My immediate thought was "now, this is something I would never see in Denver" and truth be told I didn't expect to see it here either. It is normal to see cows herded on our road, but sheep!!! As I sat on the porch and watched for a few minutes I began to think about how Jesus referred to us as sheep, specifically in Matthew 9 as sheep without a shepherd. So I began to watch the sheep in such a way to figure out the spiritual parallel that Jesus was referring too. It didn't take long to see that some of the sheep wanted to go their own way, or they wanted to stop and drink from the pond. The guys herding the sheep would come up behind them and nudge them from behind and get them back on course with the other sheep. Thus the spiritual parallel became real to me. When sheep are without their shepherd they lose their sense of direction, they wander off course and most likely wouldn't reach their intended destination. Now I see more clearly why Christ referred to us as sheep without a shepherd. May I always remember that I am in need of my shepherd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment